MGM Resorts International has launched a new Military & Veterans Program (MVP) to recognize the exceptional sacrifices and efforts of those who serve in the U.S. armed forces.
Conceptualized and developed by MGM Resorts’ Veterans Employee Network Group, MVP provides active military members, veterans and spouses with special recognition, offers, discounts and benefits at MGM Resorts destinations throughout the U.S.
“As a company, we have always supported our country’s greatest heroes,” said Jim Murren, chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International.
He continued, “Our new Military & Veterans Program provides us with another channel to recognize and thank them for their service. Including spouses in our program allows us to honor these important partners as well for their incredible bravery and commitment to family and country. I am proud of our Veterans Employee Network Group for their work on this program, which will result in more meaningful on-property interactions between our team and the military community.”
During a private launch ceremony held July 19 at The Mirage Hotel & Casino, Murren presented the first MVP cards to seven active and retired military service members, as well as military spouses during a special performance of Terry Fator Tonight.
Murren also took the opportunity to recognize the invited military members in the audience, including World War II veteran Sel Dante.
An extension of M life Rewards, the company’s premier loyalty program, MVP distinguishes service members with a dedicated M life Rewards card identified with the MVP logo and provides access to all of the available military benefits throughout MGM Resorts destinations via a new convenient, comprehensive and easy-to-find ]]>webpage]]>.
In addition receiving to M life Rewards’ existing benefits, new MVP cardholders are automatically upgraded to the Pearl, second Tier Level, with benefits including complimentary self-parking at MGM Resorts properties as well as exclusive discounts on select entertainment, dining options, attractions, spa treatments and room rate discounts at all MGM Resorts destinations across the U.S. – Bellagio, ARIA and MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Miss., MGM Grand Detroit and MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
MGM Resorts also makes a point of supporting the military through various programs and events each year, including:
· Salute to The Troops: an annual appreciation weekend hosted at The Mirage created to show gratitude for wounded warriors and their spouses with an itinerary full of entertainment, dining and relaxation.
· Boots to Business: an industry-leading hiring program that recruits qualified military veterans and military spouses. MGM Resorts hired 648 veterans in 2016 and 202 veterans in 2017.
· Veterans Career Fair: an annual career fair for veterans and military spouses held since 2012. On June 30, the fair attracted more than 250 attendees and boasted more than 50 on-the-spot job offers.
· Veterans Employee Network Group: a company group dedicated to bringing employees together to learn, network, develop professional skills and develop ideas to enhance business practices and guest experiences.
· Active Duty Full Pay and Benefits: MGM Resorts offers full pay and benefits to eligible employees who are called to active duty, with eligible reemployment after service. Employees who take a Military Leave of Absence also receive full medical and dental benefit coverage during their deployment. Additionally, in support of employees who are called into active duty, MGM Resorts may provide eligible employees with supplemental pay and benefits during a combat tour for a declared military action.
· Special Events:
· Mobilization Ceremony: in January 2016, Mandalay Bay hosted a mobilization ceremony for the largest deployment of Nevada Army National Guard soldiers since 2009.
· Nevada’s Fisher House Opening: in 2015, MGM Resorts International donated $250,000 to aid the opening of Nevada’s first Fisher House for military veterans. The North Las Vegas facility provides free lodging for the families of wounded, injured and ill military members and veterans receiving treatment through the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System or Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center at Nellis Air Force Base.
The MGM Resorts Military & Veterans Program is available to all U.S. active duty, guard, reserve, retired military, veterans and spouses of eligible military personnel, who can sign up for the program on-site at MGM Resorts destinations using a military ID.
- Industry News